There are two directions to go when you’re looking for Orlando small business IT support: in-house or outsourcing. We will outline the pros and cons of each option and help you choose the best one for your company.
Almost all businesses today will require some kind of technology, so unless you’re balancing your books on scrap paper and sending all communications via the post office, you’ll need Orlando small business IT support. With all of the options out there, you’re going to want the one that works for your business, so we’re here to help you decide.
An Internal IT Department
There are several business types that benefit from an internal IT department. Large companies with more than a few hundred employees can typically justify the expense of a dedicated IT department, or a business that uses highly specialized equipment and might require the expertise of an application specialist. Some of the advantages of in-house IT include:
- An employee that is exclusive to your business
- Their hourly rate might be less than that of an outsourced IT support provider
- Your company has total control of their time and projects
- Your company has control over the sensitive information that the IT support person might regularly work with
On the other hand, there are some disadvantages that should be considered:
- Your business may not need full time IT support, so in-house IT might not be worth the cost
- The technician that fits your budget might not have experience in high-level IT strategy, and may not be able to offer the solutions you need
- It may be difficult to hire for a technical role if no one in your company has a technical background
- Your company may still need to outsource IT work in areas that the in-house IT team doesn’t have experience with
Outsourcing For Your Orlando Small Business IT Support
Here are some of the advantages to outsourcing IT support:
- You don’t have to worry about finding an IT technician that can handle one-off problems that your in-house IT support team might not have the answer to.
- You control the costs with a low monthly rate or by using hourly service options.
- You don’t have to schedule around employee vacations and time off, Dytech Group has support technicians available to help 24/7.
Of course, there might always be a reason you think that outsourced IT isn’t the right solution for your Orlando small business IT support:
- If your business handles a lot of sensitive information, using a third party vendor can feel like a risk. At Dytech Group, we take our clients’ privacy very seriously and understand that protecting your data is critical.
- It may take some time to find the right IT provider for your business. Not all vendors are the same, so it’s important to do your research and choose one that is experienced and reliable.
- It may cost you more if you don’t pick the right service strategy right away, which is why it’s important to have a consultation with your provider to determine what your needs are.
While some IT providers offer only managed services and others offer only on-demand services, Dytech Group has both. This means that whatever your business needs are, we can meet them. Give us a call, or fill out our online contact form today!