Just as a security system for your home protects against intruders, a robust Kissimmee data…
Cyber threats are becoming more prevalent by the day, so you must take action to protect your business. Our Orlando IT specialists have collected some tips you can use today to fortify your digital defenses.
A recent poll of executives revealed that 35% of them had seen cyberattacks targeted at their organizations’ accounting and financial data. Yet, only 20.3% of the group polled said their organizations worked closely with cybersecurity experts to mitigate their risk.
With the rise of AI (artificial intelligence) and ML (machine learning), your Orlando IT solutions need to be vigilant to maintain the security of your data. Here’s how you can make a difference in your organization right away.
Passwords – Secure passwords are a crucial first line of defense for your organization. The problem is that each employee is likely responsible for creating their passwords, so they should be advised to follow these password rules:
- Avoid personal information.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Longer passwords are generally safer than shorter ones.
- Use a password management tool like LastPass.
- Change passwords often.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – MFA requires users to provide multiple credentials to verify their identity during login. By combining two or more factors, such as passwords, biometrics, or one-time codes, MFA adds an extra layer of protection against unauthorized access.
Firewalls – Firewalls are programmed with specific rules to allow safe data while keeping unsafe data out. Our Orlando IT services specialists can evaluate your network security and recommend the best firewall to protect your data.
Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Anytime an employee accesses your network from outside your secure location (a remote worker, for example), they should use a VPN which creates a virtual encrypted tunnel through which sensitive data can pass.
Continuous Monitoring – As part of Dytech Group’s managed services, we offer 24/7/365 monitoring and support of your network. We can minimize downtime and ensure uninterrupted operations by promptly detecting and addressing security gaps.
Defending against malware, ransomware, and other malicious cyber attacks can be a full-time job. Fortunately, Dytech Group is available to take on this task for you. A few of the ways we can guard your network against attack include:
- Deploying and maintaining anti-malware software
- Turning off autorun and autoplay for removable media
- Configuring automatic anti-malware scanning of removable media
- Central management of anti-malware software
- Using behavior-based anti-malware software
A backup plan to access your data in case of an emergency or cyberattack is a proactive way to protect your business. Our comprehensive data protection services include the following:
- Safeguarding your IT infrastructure through secure backup copies in our offsite data centers, shielded from natural disasters and unauthorized access
- Seamless access to your backup files via our dedicated servers
- Continuous, automatic, and secure data backup
- Quick and efficient data recovery with a clone copy of your information, ensuring minimal downtime during emergencies
Dytech Group’s data protection team provides robust data security and business continuity plans, ensuring the safety of your critical business information against threats such as hackers, ransomware, mechanical failures, system errors, and more through our tailored data recovery solutions.
Security Awareness And Skills Training
Training employees in the best practices for cybersecurity is a job we take very seriously. If you don’t already have a training program, let us take that on. Our program includes education in the following areas:
- Recognizing social engineering attacks
- Authentication best practices
- Causes of unintentional data exposure
- Identifying and reporting security incidents
- The dangers of connecting to and transmitting enterprise data over insecure networks
- And more
Dytech Group’s Orlando IT Experts Can Protect Your Network
Cybercrime isn’t going away anytime soon, so we must do everything we can to guard our networks and data. Dytech Group can evaluate your security and recommend ways to protect your network. For more cybersecurity tips, download our Cyber Security Essentials White Paper then contact us to get started.